Friday, February 24, 2012

Don't get caught short at Stratford International station.


I reached Stratford International feeling quite optimistic about the travel arrangements for the Olympic Games (lots of people involved in exercises helping the public in case of signal failure etc.) Needing a loo, I went to the place I had used on previous occasions. It was locked. On enquiring, I discovered that the small facility for the disabled situated next to it is literally the only public loo on the station. Apparently the staff have been instructed to send a bewildered and uncomfortable public either to Westfield or to the old Stratford Centre. I expressed my astonishment, which was shared by the hapless people who have to implement this curious policy. I then said  I thought chaps would simply urinate onto the lines. An opinion that was also shared. What women might resort to I dread to think. Let's hope that nobody has a touch of the Paula Radcliffe's. You have been warned